AppleInsider is supported by its viewers and will earn fee as an Amazon Affiliate and affiliate associate on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships don’t affect our editorial content material.
On Thursday, DJI introduced DJI Osmo Cell 6, a handheld stabilizer that works for smartphones and works in tandem with the‘s Motion Mode.
The iPhone 14 lineup obtained Motion Mode, a software program characteristic that stabilizes movies, however typicallyis best for particular makes use of. Osmo Cell 6 options 3-axis stabilization, a brand new Fast Launch characteristic, and ActiveTrack 5.0.
DJI’s Mimo app and a really useful app known as LightCut are each accessible for video enhancing. LightCut contains AI-powered one-tap enhancing and video templates.
Fast Launch is a characteristic for iPhones that robotically triggers the Mimo app to open the digicam immediately. DJI says this will get the gadget prepared for motion 3 times sooner than earlier fashions.
ActiveTrack 5.0 affords extra steady monitoring at longer distances and lets a cellphone’s entrance digicam monitor topics that shortly transfer round, turning to the aspect or spinning. It robotically retains the topic on the focal point.
4 gimbal modes
- Observe: The digicam view follows the gimbal’s pan and tilt actions and stays degree throughout rolls. This mode is nice for taking pictures up, down, and diagonally.
- Tilt Lock: The digicam view solely follows the gimbal’s pan motion and stays steady throughout tilts and rolls — ultimate for taking pictures horizontally or transferring round a topic.
- FPV: In FPV mode, all three axes of the gimbal comply with the motion of the deal with. This mode works finest for nonetheless topics.
- SpinShot: Push the joystick to the left or proper to regulate the rotation of the digicam view and create dynamic footage. This mode is nice for taking pictures push, pull, and high-angle photographs.
- Timelapse: Warp time and area with Timelapse, Motionlapse and Hyperlapse to mix moments collectively.
- DynamicZoom: Use Transfer In and Transfer Out modes to get stretching and compressing visible results.
- Gesture Management: Easy gestures make taking a selfie or a gaggle picture simple.
- Panorama: Three completely different panorama modes – 3×3, 240, and CloneMe – can be found to assist seize landscapes or create compositions.
- Story Mode: Varied templates assist to mix digicam actions, transitions, soundtracks and extra.
Pricing & Availability
The DJI Osmo Cell 6 is on the market for $159 and features a magnetic clamp, tripod, energy cable, and storage pouch. It is able to order as we speak by means of, , and .